Modern SEO: Ranking Well in Google
If you want to outrank your competitors and get more free traffic from Google, this is the session for you!Add To Calendar
From choosing the right target keywords to getting other websites to link to yours, you will learn all about search engine optimisation (SEO) and how to use the techniques on your own site.
Successful SEO is achieved by optimising for all of Google’s ranking factors and this session covers the full spectrum. It explains how search engines work, the important elements of a web page for optimisation, the technical factors that affect ranking, how to write content for search engines and how to get the all-important links back to your site from others.
You will learn about:
- The workings of search engines.
- Technical elements of a website that can affect performance.
- How to check on performance using Google Search Console.
- How to do keyword research and how to use that information to formulate a content plan to expand the information available on your site.
- The best ways to write and structure content to be understood by search engines, so that you can optimise your pages to rank for the right keywords.
- The importance of links and how to get other sites to link to yours.
Who should attend this?
Small and medium businesses in the GBSLEP area who are looking to find out how social media can boost your business sales.
Speaker Profile: Ian Lockwood
Ian Lockwood is an independent digital marketing consultant, trainer and founding director of Boom Online Marketing, a Google Premier Partner agency specialising in digital marketing and web design, delivering services to companies and organisations across the UK. Ian specialises in search engine optimisation, pay per click advertising, Google Analytics and conversion rate optimisation.
He has worked in the web and internet industry since 1998 and founded Boom in 2010, managing a staff of 20 digital marketers and web developers. He has delivered digital marketing workshops and consultancy to well over a thousand businesses over 18 years.
This event is FREE for you to attend. It is delivered by GBSLEP Growth Hub and part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. To attend this fully-funded event, your organisation must be registered and verified as an eligible Small Medium Enterprise (SME).
If not already, you may be asked to complete an SME enrolment form before attending. Our events team will contact you to complete your registration process.