On Thursday 25 October 2018, Midlands businesses will have the chance to hear from Heathrow about its runway expansion plans and the supply chain opportunities available for local SMEs.
The event at Edgbaston Stadium will give businesses the chance to meet 21 buyers from Heathrow’s supply chain and other local partners.
The airport spends up to £1.5bn annually with more than 1,400 suppliers from around the UK and there will be more work on the horizon with expansion. Construction of the runway will be the UK's largest privately-funded infrastructure project and small and medium-sized businesses will be critical to delivering the £14bn investment.
The Heathrow Business Summit in the Midlands is a great platform for local SMEs to get a foot in the door and capitalise on the business opportunities available at Heathrow.
Businesses across the Midlands are encouraged to attend to:
- Promote their business to Heathrow's supply chain through face-to-face appointments on the day.
- Meet and network with other businesses visiting the event.
- Meet with the Department of International Trade to explore exporting opportunities.
- Meet and network with exhibitor partners including the Local Councils, Chambers of Commerce and Local Enterprise Partnerships.
- Discover the SME Toolkit, a guide to support skills and recruitment needs through hiring apprentices.
- Meet exhibitors who actively support and guide businesses on how to connect and build trade relations into new supply chains at Heathrow.
Due to demand, the event will only permit one delegate, per organisation and we also recommend that interested parties check the list of supply chain opportunity categories before requesting a one-to-one meeting with a buyer.
The meetings must be relevant to the buyers specific requirements.
In association with: