Green Advantage: Skills Bootcamp in Sustainability
Managing the sustainability transition for business leaders and professionals.Add To Calendar
Gain the skills and tools to drive positive change within your workplace with Green Advantage.
Green Advantage is a new free of charge short course from Aston University. It is designed for business leaders, managers and professionals who want to consider the implications of climate and environmental challenges for their business or workplace alongside maintaining business performance and profitability
This course will give you the information and skillset to understand environmental sustainability in your business context, and the strategies and actions (if any) that you need to be taking to meet changing customer and staff preferences, regulatory, procurement or supply chain requirements, or investor expectations.
Whether you are seeking immediate practical actions to lower emissions and save energy, or an overhaul of your entire business model and value proposition, this course will help you develop an informed approach.
- Supported by interactive workshops, like-minded peers and a one-to-one business coach you will:
- Learn about environmental sustainability from leading Aston academics and industry experts
- Hear examples of sustainability strategies being used by businesses today
- Build a bespoke Sustainability Roadmap for your business or business area
The programme lasts approximately 12 weeks, and is designed to fit around a full-time role, comprising of five workshops and five hours of one-to-one business coaching.
Who can take part in the programme?
To participate in the Green Advantage Programme, you must be:
- Aged 19+ and living and/or working in one of the 3 LEP areas of Greater Birmingham and Solihull, Coventry and Warwickshire or The Black Country
- A small business leader, or employed in a professional HR, financial or procurement role (or equivalent) in any sector of business n A decision-maker who has some responsibility linked to the sustainability agenda in your role
What is the cost of the programme?
FREE OF CHARGE to participants
Green Advantage is delivered by Aston Centre for Growth in partnership with The Energy & Bioproducts Research Institute (EBRI), the Centre for Circular Economy and Advanced Sustainability, and the Low Carbon SMEs Project at Aston University. It is funded by the West Midlands Combined Authority as part of the Government’s Skills Bootcamps.
Skills Bootcamps are free, flexible courses of up to 16 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector specific skills and elevate their career progression.