Employment Access Team Key Objectives
• Working with developers, contractors and employers to ensure across-the-board commitment to connecting local people to employment and apprenticeship opportunities.
• Using the wide-ranging networks and links of the City Council and its partners to identify job opportunities as soon as they come online, for example, through new and existing businesses and developments.
• Delivering free, tailored, specific training programmes, in conjunction with the Learning and Skills Council, to ensure that job opportunities are available to local people.
• Encouraging contractors and employers to further develop the skills of their existing workforce.
• Using a wide depth of experience and knowledge to help new and existing businesses to develop and grow across Birmingham.
• Working with the City Council’s Planning Service to ensure that employers linked to developments with Section 106 clauses are given support, help and encouragement to meet their obligations.